Wednesday, March 23, 2011

dear mexico

Photobucket

dear mexico, I have a few things to say to you. I need to get them off my chest before it's too late.

dear mexican sun that beats down on us every day, you have taught me to appreciate you all year round. Second to the people and the food, I will miss you the most.

dear bathroom that i really do hate, i cleaned you for the last time tonight. dead cockroach and all. you make fern ridge reservoir look more sanitary.

dear miss vicky's, thank you for giving me free fruits and veggies when i buy junk food. that little nudge reminds me of my mom.

dear squeaky bunk bed + lumpy pillows, you have given me more knots in my back than ever before. I'm looking forward to my next massage.

dear miss tere, thank you for cooking for us every night. I'm gonna crave that fresh juice you make for the rest of my life.

dear salsa verde, you are so delicious. why can't I have an I.V. of you running into my body at all times?

dear futbol, remember when I was afraid of you? Remember when I was always worried about getting kicked in the shins or hit with a ball? Well, now I know that's just a part of the game. I'm glad we are best friends now.

dear water heater which I have to light with a match and wait for 20 minutes before you make the shower water boiling hot, you make my life more complicated. and i like it that way.

dear ghetto washing machine, you turn all my undies pink. i don't really mind though. makes me feel girly on days when i don't do my hair (uhh, like every day).

dear mexican machismos who think you are the stuff even if you are 50 years older than me, you are the reason I have said "fool" so many times in the past 3 months.

dear techno music that is always blasting no matter where i am, you make me feel like punching walls. and i'm not a violent person. honest.

dear children that make me laugh every day, sometimes i just wish i could take you back to school with me, so we could chill on the weekends. i feel like we're friends.

dear mexico city temple, thanks for reminding me that the church is true wherever you go. I am in awe of you.

dear mexico, thank you for teaching me to be more grateful for the little things, making me realize how much I rely on the Lord, helping me to love and appreciate my parents more, helping me figure out the kind of person I am supposed to be, and being so different from anything I've ever experienced before that I had no choice but to fall in love with you.

i can't believe there's only two weeks left. where did the time go?

2 comments:

Amy said...

I browsed your Mexico City pics on FB. It's different than I ever expected. Looks like so much fun.

Ging said...

Dear Mexico,
Thank you for giving my daughter the first of what I believe will be many meaningful experiences with people and culture. You took pretty great care of her (minus the bathroom and that one stranger with the mis-placed anger). I thank you.
Mom