Saturday, March 5, 2011

blurgh

sometimes, i get a little bit homesick.

i'm allowed to be homesick for little things. right?

my bathroom, for instance. last night, i had an incredible dream. in the dream, our family went to some cabin for a family reunion. there was a shower there. but folks, this wasn't just any shower.

it was like a giant room with nice tiles, and about a jillion shower heads. there was also a place to plug in your iPod so you could listen to music while you showered. and the speakers were legit. don't forget the shelf with sugar scrub, body wash, and salon shampoo. it was the best dream i've ever had. i wish i could go back to sleep now just to shower in that shower.

other random rants:
-chelsea sent me a package with a bottle in it. it was awesome and made me wanna cry and laugh at the same time. i just laughed. but i miss her really bad, and she's leaving me in no less than 11 days.
-my sheets will not stay on my bed no matter how hard i try. i feel like a slob with no sheets on my bed. major. slob.
-i have a pile of laundry the size of everest, and yet i cannot bring myself to take my chonies to the corner lavanderia. i also can't use the washing machine cuz it's full of bleach. maybe my students won't notice...as long as they don't get too close.
-i miss walking around barefoot. isn't that a weird thing to miss? yeah. but goodness gracious, i miss it so.
-iamtiredofcorntortillasokthanksbye.
-people keep using 'jimmer' as a verb. i'm not sure how this trend started exactly. i wonder what verb we could replace with my name! reading? eating chocolate? running in the rain? "I like reading, long walks on the beach, and McKenzie'ing." Mmm, on second thought, maybe not such a good idea.

now, more of the positives.
-i'm in 2nd nephi now and it is so so good. it's amazing how you can read a book over and over and learn new things every time.
-my hair is growing pretty long again. not sure if this is good or bad, because sometimes it makes me look like i just rolled out of bed...at 7 o'clock at night.
-i get to register for classes on wednesday!! woo! i am one of those people that actually loves school (when i told my students that their jaws literally dropped), so i planned my schedule a month ago. you wanna know what it is? i betcha don't. but i'mma tell you anyway. creative writing part deux (stoked=me), young adult literature (stoked to the 10th power=me), british lit (victorian and modern), spanish literature part deux (a leetle scared as usual=me), family foundations with "ol' phil" (that's grandma bonnie code for mom's old high school beau), and last but not least, private piano lessons!! wahoo!
-dinner is in an hour and a half. my tummy couldn't be happier.

5 comments:

Unknown said...

Miss Kenzie - you clearly have a lot of free time on your hands. The blogs and lists contained within them have been coming fast and furious - all to be applauded.

Just wondering when you are going to sleep...

Amy said...

Your schedule looks awesome! Ah college. Soak it up girl.

Terri said...

I think I just stayed in that dreamy condo in Heber! I would miss my conveniences and niceties to. But Im really glad your experiencing somethiong else.

Kinzi said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Kinzi said...

I can completely simpathise about the barefootedness! Ah I want to wiggle my toes in soft, flush, clean carpet sooo bad! And the laundry - yeah you might not want to get to close to me either! P.S. I love lurking on your blog keep it coming :)