- my ipod went missing for a week but showed itself again after lots of prayers and some diligent mexican children who wanted to find their teacher's iPod.
- i slept through an earthquake. how does this happen, you ask? especially when a bunch of my other compadres woke up mid-air? Well, you see, I have this little problem called allergies. And they regularly knock me out with wrecking ball strength. i'm pretty bummed.
- i killed about a thousand cockroaches. i'm starting to become so skilled at this particular activity that i can now spot them using my peripheral vision. just call me spiderwoman.
- i dictated a story written by my students. someday soon i will post it on this blog. it's too funny not to share. preview: it involves las vegas, a casino, a smackdown (between me and a girl named Ana Paula), kissing, shopping, and New York City. I think these kids watch too many mexican soap operas. but that's just what i think. what do i know?
- i listened to the opening theme from "the adventures of pete & pete" about ten times. it's only 58 seconds, guys. do you remember that show? only my family will get this: "i can smell his fear, and it smells like bacon." ahh, 1993. where have you gone?
- i dreamt the following (all in one dream, by the way): i weighed 300 pounds, my computer completely died, i was sent home for sleeping through school one day, i found out i was adopted, my dad came to teach in my place, and he was wearing those green overalls spotted on mom's blog.
- i ate tacos filled with cesa. cesa=pig brain. oh yes i did.
- i watched the first twilight and laughed really hard. i shoulda worn my "team edward" shirt. oh wait, don't have one. dangit.
Sunday, February 27, 2011
Wednesday, February 23, 2011
Tuesday, February 22, 2011
These aren’t in any particular order…
1. Go to Mexico and teach English and have adventures and meet new people and SPEAK SPANISH!!! Woooo! Ok, this is number 1 for a reason.
2. Read the Book of Mormon, D&C, New and Old Testament—that’s right, all of them!
3. Finish that dadgum booklist, yes I will.
4. Run the Ragnar with my family! I am so excited for this one, can you believe it?!
5. Start writing Jezka Black, Janna Mills, and CHELSEA ANN BEDKE! Sister Missionaries are people too!
6. Do Get Connected again
7. Go to the Salt Lake Temple and do baptisms
8. Hammock in my very own hammock
9. Visit Liz, even if I have to fly to California or Oregon or wherever!
10.Rafting trip, I WILL do this, no joke
11.I’m also going to climb R Mountain
12.Tackle Blitchford, Blainers, and Derek Hudson when they return. Or at least give them really big hugs. *for my readers, these are missionary buds who left 2 years ago*
14.Learn “Moonlight Sonata”
15.Go rock climbing
16.Go to Moo-tana with Courtney Gopp!! Yes I surely will do it!
18.GO TO THE OREGON COAST. HECK YES.
19.Road trip somewhere, anywhere
20.Go on an epic, sweaty bike ride (ewwwww, awesome!)
21.Go to the taco bus with un hombre guapo
22.Lay out on the library grass at least 3x a week for some Vitamin D action
23.Be more friendly/interact with people at work
24.Have some kind of celebration at 11:11 on 11/11/11.
25.Run hardcore and get my weight to 130. I WILL DO THIS.
26.Get up early for scripture study
27.Give away a Book of Mormon/share my testimony with someone
28.Bear testimony in church more often
29.Write a letter/note every week
30.Go to Zupa’s, bring Zupa’s home, eat it on the floor while watching Bones, all preferably with Tessa Perry
31.Fork Fest with Allie and TP, only this time it’ll be on purpose
32.Morning/evening/all the time prayers
33.Take my drawing materials with me to Rexburg and do some sketches on my free time
34.Keep up with the journal
35.Go to a concert, preferably of a way cool indie singer nobody knows about (this will probably be at Sammy’s…haha)
36.SIT UP STRAIGHT. Mamacita, this is for you.
37.Become more patient with my siblings and others…and myself!
38.Go to Manti again
39.Road trip to Zion’s!!!! Woo!!
40.Learn how to play the gee-tar, even if it is just one chord progression
41.Participate in a sport at BYU-Iderho
42.Be an EFY counselor, if I get in
43.Chill in the Spori more often
44.Go to more cultural events/concerts/and such
45.Don’t spend too much time on the 2nd floor of the library…psyche. Find new places to study on campus
46.Invite people over for deener
47.Watch the classics (start with the ones dad has told me to, then branch out…I’ve got a list, ya know)
48.Shop more at the D.I.There are too many good treasures there to pass up!
49.Start doin’ that food blog thang.
50.Learn to swim laps…maybe I’ll take a class during the summer?
51.Speaking of classes, I want to do at least spinning/yoga…maybe both!
52.Stop going to bed so flipping late! Try to get to bed before 12am most nights.
53.Visit with Bishop Crams!
54.Write poetry, at least 3x a week; read from my poetry book
55.Re-vamp my wardrobe.
something crazy with my hairstyle (I think this will get checked off constantly)
57.Eat something I’ve never eaten before
58.Try mate (that Argentenian drinky-drink)
59.Speak Spanish with RM's
60.Write more thank-you notes to my parents
61.Drink two Nalgenes a day
62.Buy at least 5 new CD’s (I can use these as rewards for working out or good grades or something)—I already have them planned in my brain: Mumford and Sons, Phoenix, Blind Pilot, Gregory Alan Isakov, Josh Ritter
63.Start Jillian again after I get back from Mexico
64.Go to temple at least 3x a month when I return
65.Have a spontaneous adventure one night or day…probably night
66.Run another race besides the Ragnar (10k, 5k, whatev)àget down to 9-minute mile, maybe 8:30????
67.Start training for Ogden Marathon in 2012
68.Call people more, like grandparents, friends, family, etc.
69.Shred some ivory in the Snow Building for fun
70.Memorize more scriptures
71.Read conference talks every Sunday
72.Go to Yellowstone with Tessa Perry
73.Go camping, maybe up Af Canyon! Speaking of AF Canyon, I wanna go up there and build a fire with friends.
74.Alpine Loop in the fall!! Yes please!
75.Budget my money better and save, save, save
76.Learn to love the classes that don’t have anything to do with my major/minor (a.k.a. foundations…)
77.Go to a sports game…probably basketball
78.Play soccer!! I just love playing this sport, honestly, but I kinda stink at it.
79.Go to conference in the conference center!
80.Make friends in the ward
81.Make a mixed CD for a member of the opposite sex and give it to whoever it is in my regular craszy fashion
82.Get rid of some of my junk that I just don’t need any more. I need to simplify, simplify, simplify.
83.Start saving my favorite quotes (not the funny ones, I’ve got plenty of those…haha)
84.Give presents to my family this year. I will make sure I can afford it this time! Give more thoughtful presents, too…
86.Buy a new pair of red flats
87.Wear pigtails more often
88.Stop spending so much moolah on food, esp. ice cream and fro-yo. Oh dear.
89.Small acts of service each day!
90.100% Visiting Teaching all year!!!!!
91.SMILE even if I don’t want to.
92.Learn how to make those awesome headbands TP wears for myself.
93.Take time out for myself
94.Avoid sitting in front of my computadora so much
95.Take lots of photos with my new camera
97.Acquire new T-shirts via racing
98.Index 1,000 names by September, you bet I will!
99.I know I just said I was gonna get rid of some of my clothes, but I also need to re-vamp my exercise wardrobe. I have no shorts
100.Do an alphabet scavenger hunt
101. Spend as much time outside as possible