Wednesday, March 9, 2011

kinda like the disney vault, only not really

with great anticipation (or is it trepidation), i give you a few gems from the journal of mcfrenzy.

November 26th, 2010
"Today didn’t really feel like Friday because I’ve had every day off this week. All of the days are starting to blur together. For the record, I had a super-weird dream last night. Basically, Yo-Yo Ma was my roommate...what the junk was Yo-Yo Ma doing as my roommate? I sort of remember thinking in the dream, “I can’t believe I haven’t told my parents about this yet! It’s so cool! Yo-Yo Ma is my roommate! Ka-ching!”

November 27th, 2010
Oh yeah, and did I mention that we decorated our Christmas tree tonight?! I am starting to get concerned about the amount of ornaments that hang from that thing. Seriously, we didn’t even use all of them, and that thing looked like it was about to tip over. Mom said to me, “If you and Ike ever get married, the tree will be lighter.” I said, “IF we get married?! Sheesh, you better hope we’re not living in the basement 20 years from now or that thing will tip right over!”

12/21/08-Caleb asked mom during sacrament meeting, “Should I yell ‘gun?’”

12/21/08-Caleb asked me before family prayer, “Should I pull my pants down in a restaurant?’”

12/18/08-Ellie said this in family prayer: “Please help Kenzie not to get drunk.”

June 27th, 2010 I walked into the office with the cookies and it was like I had opened a lemonade stand in the desert. It’s so funny to feed boys sometimes. I dunno why.

July 19th 2010 @ the nursing home
The next lady I talked to was named Iva. She was fiddling with her dentures the whole time we were talking but I didn’t realize what they were until halfway through the conversation when she opened her mouth and popped them in. When it was time for us to head to the ward BBQ, I gave her a hug goodbye and said I would be back in the Fall. She looked so hopeful and sweet, how can I not come back? When I gave her a hug she held me tight and said, “I love you!” Oh man…I honestly love old people. LOVE them. Hope this doesn’t sound weird to me 50 years down the road…

July 21st 2010-Chels, Lori, Ash, and myself went to G’s and got the Holy Cow Platter. When we got there we discovered that it was 13 scoops. We figured we could eat half there and save the other half. Too bad we just ate it all in about 20 minutes. I’m still disgusted with myself. I felt so gross afterwards… The only way I could justify eating that thing again would be if there were 4 more people with us and if I was pregnant. The end.

from the best night of our lives, october 16th, 2011
We decided to go exploring by the AF Ampitheatre because there were a zillion cars parked all around it, and the only way that that many people would gather in American Fork on a Saturday night ( I thought) is if Sarah Palin was giving a speech there or something. And it was 10 o’clock at night, so I decided to rule that out. When we first tried to ask people what was going on (lots of people were walking up the hill), they looked at us like we were crazy. Correction: they looked at TP like she was crazy. Allie stopped her van to ask some people, and TP could only get out the words “Ummmmmmmmm…” They stared at us like we were on drugs, so Allie gunned it. I thought I was gonna pee my pants cause I was laughing so hard.

“You know what I just realized? I am…mean! I am bitter about love.” –Chelsea Ann Bedke on December the 5th, 2010

December 7th, 2010
Today I might have done a little bit of mango research. Do you realize how weird that last sentence sounded? Court and Chels were making fun of my awesome mango knowledge. I don’t even like mangoes. This is sad. And funny, right? Please tell me it’s funny.

5/1/2010
I was in the middle of a dream about Liz and her fiancée, only this time it was Nick, not Mark, and they were getting engagement pictures taken in the McKenzie River...weird. I guess that was my subconscious mind's way of telling me that I'm still not adjusted to the idea of Liz getting married.

10/30/2009
At 3am the morning crew came in and apparently they decided to dress up for work [in honor of Halloween]. One girl was walking down a dark hallway towards me and her face was painted. So...I couldn't really tell what I was seeing. Because I was so stinkin' tired, neither the flight nor the fight response was working. As she walked by me (I was frozen in place) she said "Good morning!" and that's when I realized she was human. The boys could not stop laughing at me. Oh, and I totally biffed it on the rug on my way out the door as I was leaving. I was so tired I just laid there in the middle of the hallway.

4/7/2010
Tonight at Institute I sat in my desk before class, just thinking/stewing/pondering. Mostly about Mexico. And how scared I am, worried that I am disappointing people, and feeling like I am somehow "cheating" by doing this instead of a mission. Negative Nancy, right? Then Proverbs 3:5-7 came into my mind out of "nowhere." We all know it actually came from the Spirit. The Lord is always ready and willing to answer our prayers when we let Him in!

6/2/2010
Spanish class was just funny; all of those crazy R.M.'s have really grown on me. Hermano Alba decided that we should start doing a good news minute before class, but the name "good news minute" was "too femme." So he changed the name to the "gnarly news." Ha! Then all of the news we had from a few of the guys was about girls in their lives. So much for avoiding femininity.

6/4/2010
Note to self: attempting cartwheels on the lawn at 12am doesn't make my chances of actually being able to do one go up. It just gives me fat bruises.

8/9/2010 (this is the entire entry)
15 hours in a car...is too many.

9/5/2010
Ike's birthday partay and dinner were fantastico--homemade tomato soup+homemade rolls. Ellie was really hyper during the opening of the presents (when is she not?). She gave Isaac a book she bought at some garage sale, called "Cupid Explains it All." Caleb said, "Ellie, Cupid's just a false god, so you shouldn't be giving that to Isaac anyway." What da?!

9/11/2010
As for my first race, this is what I learned: you should learn to eliminate the word "can't" from your vocabulary when you set a goal if you really want to achieve it.

11/16/2010 *the day I wore a shower cap to the grocery store cuz I lost a bet*
It wasn't really that bad...at first I was really embarrassed when I put it on, cuz I could feel everyone staring at me. I guess I know how people with physical deformities feel now. A little empathy never hurt anybody. After awhile it was kinda fun to do my shopping with a straight face and an ugly shower cap on my head. When the cashier checked me out she asked how I was doing. I was temped to say, "Oh, I'm feeling very clean, thanks!" Ha! But I didn't.

11/31/2010
Today my eyes were opened and I had the biggest a-ha moment evah. I feel like a new person, and it feels really good. Yesterday was kind of yucky, not gonna lie, but there's always darkness before the sun comes out, right? This new Kenzie is going to be assertive. She's going to love herself and not apologize for it. She's going to serve someone every day, even if it's just little things. She will pray with sincerity and hope, believing in the plan that Heavenly Father has for her. She will keep smiling, keep being a friend, keep being confident in where she's going. She will find joy in the little things.

12/2/ 2010
I was sitting at my desk, in front of my computer, minding my own bidnez, when one of those red-vested librarian dudes walked by. He tripped on my computer cord and simultaneously winked at me! I think everyone saw...and I was weirded out. Some people are too generous with their winks. Just sayin'.

7 comments:

funsizetessa said...

hahahahahahaah this is probably one of my favorite posts of yours of all time!! it's filled with hilariousness and wonderfulness and i'm so glad you shared, my MK.

Ging said...

I am with Tessa- this is a fabulous post. What fun to get inside your head via your journal. I have laughed out loud more in the last 5 minutes then I have in the last 24 hours.

Amy said...

Your journal entries rock! One day your children will sit around and just laugh and laugh.

chelsea said...

Glad Ellie remembered you in her prayer...you and your drinking problems..

Unknown said...

Kenz - never a dull moment in your life.

And I'm wondering about the universe you live in...the one with 31 days in November.

Niki Purser said...

I love love love this post. Even though I'm slow at reading your blog, I do read it! I love reading your journal entries when you let me on occasion!! :)

Unknown said...

i loooooove reading journal entries after the fact! they always provide many minutes of giggling :)
you sound like you are LOVING mexico! i am SUPER JEALOUS!!! but i want to see you when you get back!