Friday, December 31, 2010
Sunday, December 26, 2010
Friday, December 24, 2010
Lift up your head and be of good cheer; for behold, the time is at hand, and on this night shall the sign be given, and on the morrow come I into the world, to show unto the world that I will fulfil all that which I have caused to be spoken by the mouth of my holy prophets...And it came to pass that the words which came unto Nephi were fulfilled, according as they had been spoken; for behold, at the going down of the sun there was no darkness; and the people began to be astonished because there was no darkness when the night came...And it came to pass that there was no darkness in all that night, but it was as light as though it was mid-day. And it came to pass that the sun did rise in the morning again, according to its proper order; and they knew that it was the day that the Lord should be born, because of the sign which had been given.
Wednesday, December 22, 2010
Friday, December 17, 2010
Wednesday, December 15, 2010
Monday, December 13, 2010
Sunday, December 12, 2010
The last week of school in the 'Burg is always bittersweet.
Friday, December 10, 2010
Monday, December 6, 2010
Friday, December 3, 2010
Wednesday, December 1, 2010
Tuesday, November 30, 2010
For the record, I made this list yesterday, so technically it's still a "happy list Monday." Alright? Alright.
1. a scalding hot shower in the morning to wake me up. like a jacuzzi for poor people.
2. good-smelling lotion...there were many times today that I caught a whiff of myself and thought, "dang, I smell good." kinda weird...but so true.
3. finding out I don't have a presentation in Spanish until Friday!
4. getting into Rexburg and seeing a temple on the hill
5. snow, for looking so tame and beauteous when it's first falling.
6. this song, currently playing in my ears
7. my heart-- it is my favorite organ (no duh)
8. shopping at Broulim's without a shower cap on
9. my eyelashes
10. Alma 14, worth reading at least twice in a row
11. graham cracker structures...more specifically houses of cards made of graham crackers (if I had a camera, there would be a picture of this, but alas, no lo tengo)
12. smelly mistletoe above our doorframe--don't worry mom, it's just propaganda
13. real life, legitimate mullets spotted on the 2nd floor of the library
14. Christmas trees, even if they're fake and don't smell as awesome as the real ones
15. making a slip-n-slide out of our tile hallway using my fuzzy socks and thrust. Did I just say "thrust?" Um.
16. scars. they're cool, no matter what anyone else says
18. flannel shirts. makes me feel like I'm a relative of Paul Bunyan. Or just camping.
19. memorizing the blood-flow pattern of my heart. it's pretty complex for such a small organ. and that makes it even more divine, I think.
20. warm hoodies, ahh yeah.
WHOA 20 THINGS. That's a record I think. I could go on, but then I'd be procrastinating my homework. Oh wait...think I'm already doing that.
Saturday, November 27, 2010
Monday, November 22, 2010
Wednesday, November 17, 2010
This week has been stuffed full of happiness for some reason.
Tuesday, November 16, 2010
No, I don't have that food blog up and running yet. Personally, I don't think a food blog is quite the same without pictures. And I don't got no camera.
Monday, November 15, 2010
Anyway, if my stuffed animals ever fell off my bed during mid-flight (like, over the ocean, for example), I would quickly snatch them "out of thin air" and save them. I always felt so bad for the stuffed animals who were lying on my floor in the morning. Because technically, they were dead. I chose to ignore that fact.
Mondays are kind of like those stuffed animals that got kicked out of bed after I fell into deep R.E.M. And you know what? I think Mondays are pretty awesome and shouldn't be kicked out of bed so often.
So I shall now make a list of pure, unadulterated happiness for Monday, and figuratively "snatch it out of thin air." Dang. That. Was. Random.
1. Taking baby steps to class so I don't slip on the ice. Ice=bad, baby steps=good, walking on ice=worth the danger of walking on it. Me explica?
2. Making one-bowl brownies and giving them away. There will be a more embarrassing post on this later.....
3. Writing thank-you notes to my friends, just because. They can't even ask me why I did it.
4. Waking up laughing. Yeah, this actually happened to me today. I think I dreamt I was a stand-up comedian.
5. Oooooooooklahoma where the wind comes sweepin' down the plain! Um, so I watched that this weekend, and I realized that people don't flirt like they used to. Back in those days, girls just had to do ballet moves around a guy and they were as good as engaged. I've never been to country dancing up here...does anyone know if this tactic still works?
6. Learning about sangre (blood) in science class. Sangre just sounds better. But blood, oh man, it is SO COOL!
7. Homemade squash soup for breakfast, lunch, and dinner. Alright, just lunch. But if I only had to eat one food for the rest of my life...it would be....chocolate. Almost had you, didn't I?
8. Music that nobody has ever heard of. It is just the best.
9. The smell of the Taylor Building. I like to go inside just so I can pretend I'm at Temple Square.
10. Writing my name on the window when our apartment steams up because there's a zillion people inside. Remember when your mom wouldn't let you draw on the car window after you breathed on it? Well, I finally got it out of my system.
11. DP's, a.k.a. dance parties. Chels and me initiate them spontaneously. Blame it on Michael Jackson's rhythm.
12. Reading in the Book of Alma---'tis my favorite book in El Libro de Mormon. I'm glad I don't have to choose, though. So very glad.
13. Did I just put Alma and Michael Jackson on the same happy list? Oh man.
14. Doing dishes...whaat? I can't believe I just confessed to that. But it's true. I don't mean loading dishes into the dishwasher, nah, I like to get the hot water and the suds going so there's bubbles floating all around the room, and then I crank the music up and scrub. I think I just made doing dishes sound like a New Year's Eve Party. Whatev.