Friday, December 10, 2010

be still and know...

today I am happy.

the sun came out and started to melt all of the snow and ice
which has been making me slightly more klutzy
(if that's even possible)

I got 100% on a test
my Spanish speaking skills improved according to my teacher
and dang, this piece of gum is just really minty.

that last sentence was dripping with optimism.

I can't help it.
There's only 6 days left of school.
I'm not afraid of what's ahead anymore.
I know exactly what I'm supposed to be doing, and it just so happens that it's what God wants me to do. So that's why I can have confidence and not be afraid.

You know what the best feeling is?
Not being afraid of anything.
Because instead of worrying myself to sleep every night,
I just think about my future.

And it makes me smile.

p.s. can you believe I wrote this in the library? guess it's not so doom-y and gloomy after all. I know, I know. doom-y isn't a word.
too bad.

Doctrine and Covenants 101:16

Therefore, let your hearts be comforted concerning Zion; for all flesh is in mine hands; be still and know that I am God.


3 comments:

Unknown said...

So wise for one so young -

Congrats on your new assignment!

Tehuacan here you come!

Ging said...

Well said. You will be in very warm weather in just a few more weeks. I will miss having you close enough to see on the weekends, but will depend on this blog of yours to keep me sane.

Amy said...

Oh boy- adventures ahead. Can't wait to read all about them.