Sunday, October 24, 2010

into the deep end we go

Before drifting off into nap-world today after stake conference, I read a poem about onions. It made me want to start my "poem-a-day" thing again. I liked that thing I did, once upon a time in high school.

This past week I've felt like I was racing against an avalanche...and guess what? I outran it. All because of a wonderful thing called the weekend, and in particular, the Sunday part of the weekend.

But I know that the difficulties aren't going to end now that I've been refreshed, now that I've renewed my covenants, Now that I've looked back on mistakes I've made in the past week and resolved not to make them again, because of the time I lost, because of the Thursday I had (remember that post? I'm sorry about that post. Still.). Nope, the test isn't over until that trumpet starts playing some tunes, and even then, I know that the learning by trial and error will still continue.

That brings comfort to my heart. Because I know I'm not perfect or anywhere close to it right now, but I also know that I can become perfect through the Atonement of Jesus Christ. I know that everybody has that chance! Isn't that a miracle? Yeah, it is.

So onto the next week, the next challenge, the next tumble onto the hard pavement (metaphorically speaking...at least, I hope so), and the next goal to overcome.

"Faith as the assurance of things hoped for looks to the future. This assurance is founded upon a correct understanding about, and trust in, God and enables us to 'press forward' (2 Nephi 31:20) into uncertain and often challenging situations in the service of the Savior." -David A. Bednar

-lurv, mckenzers-

1 comment:

Amy said...

Great finishing quote Kenz. Push forward, push forward.