Monday, April 23, 2012

for emily, forever ago

Photobucket
i'mma be here soon...


Didja like how I did that? How I totally just used one of my favorite albums to title this post? Well...I kinda did. 


Except this post is for Emily, not Emma. 


Anyway.


Back in the day, I asked you guys if you wanted me to do a FAQ page, because I was fooling myself into thinking a whole bunch of people read this blog and asked me questions. The truth is, I am not blogger famous and probably never shall be, and so I have no need for a FAQ page. 


However, one of my frequent commenters, who also happens to be my aunt, asked me a few random questions in the comment box that day. 


Dear Emily, this is for you.


"Question: How many roommates do you have? Are they tolerable creatures? How often do you have access to gas-powered vehicles? How many cardigans do you own? When was the last time someone cooked you something delicious? Where would you go, right now, no budget/time constraints? Would you return? What does that duct tape say on your face?"


Answer: 
1) I have...er had...five roommates. They were all pretty hilarious. I've had some good ones over the years. But alas, now I have exactly four roommates, and we're all related. Things get hairy.


2) Yes, they are (were) tolerable creatures. I'm talking about my old roommates right now. I could go into more detail but I have lots of stories and I have to do the voices...trust me. My roommates currently are pretty legit. I cook dinner for them sometimes and they wake me up in the morning by bustin' down the door.


3) I have access to gas-powered vehicles 10% of the time. Ok maybe not that much...me and Isaac shared his car for awhile until I realized my license was expired. I do not own a car of my own. Again, things get hairy.


4) I think I own at least ten cardigans, if I'm being conservative. The real question is how many items of striped clothing do I have...ha.


5) The last time I cooked something delicious was my lunch! It was a whole wheat tortilla (which I made myself, chyes!), with eggs, spinach, a little bit o' mozzarella cheese, some of those bacon sprinkles from Costco, and avocado. *dead* Everything is better with bacon sprinkles. The end, amen. 


6) If I could go anywhere right now, I'd probably backpack through Europe. Even if I didn't have a budget, I'd wanna do it "budget-style," or whatever it is when you stay in hostels. I'd probably splurge one night, though...and it would be in the Swiss Alps! Oh and I probably would splurge for food as well. 


7) If that vacation played out like the movie "Taken" (worst fear), then I would not return. Assuming I wasn't as dumb as the girls in the movie, though, I'd probably make my way home eventually after a few months. 
One thing I've learned from traveling: you never know how much you'll miss your bathroom until it's gone.


8) The duct tape on my face in that picture says: "yeah, this was my idea. 'what? i can't hear you!'" The story goes like this: my old roomie Chelsea (the blonde in the photo) and I were bestos. And we couldn't shut up around each other when it came time to study. One night we were having a particularly hard time, so I finally suggested that we duct tape our mouths shut. We're not one to take things figuratively, you know (freshman year we had a poetry slam...with berets, coffee mugs, scarves...and forlorn glances. I don't make this stuff up.). So the duct tape went on. And we proceeded to write our very own "status" or whatever on the tape, so nobody would ask questions. Sarah, her sister, was recently engaged, so she wanted to announce that on her adhesive square. Chels was also referring to a boy on her piece of tape. And mine was about how my headphones were usually in so I could block out Chels talking to me and focus (which, as you can see from the duct-tape, did not work). So I would always just say "I can't hear you!" That was a really long explanation.


Want to know more randomness about my life? Go ahead...ask me. I dare you. 

1 comment:

Em said...

YES! This was awesome. I feel, really really special. Like a guest celebrity on your late night talkshow. Except I asked the questions, so maybe you're on MY show. Either way. I loved it. Keep rockin' like its 1999 McFrenz.For the record, I approximately the same number of cardigans. I love the literal-super-drama of Freshmanhood.