Saturday, February 4, 2012

letters 'n things

Photobucket

I've decided writing letters is becoming outdated. And that makes me sad. Because writing letters and receiving letters is probably one of the most bombtastic things ever.

I love imagining people's faces when they get a letter from me. Especially if they didn't know one was coming. It's lovely to imagine that the last person to hold that letter was your friend, and they were thinking of you when they sent it.

Letters may not be an instant message, but they sure get the message across. I'd venture to say they more than get the message across--it means that somebody took some time out of their day to have a conversation with you, to put pen to paper, and fold it up nicely and seal it in an envelope. And then they walked outside in the chilly air for just a few seconds to put that envelope into the mailbox and send it off on a little adventure. I may or may not be an English major...can't you tell?

One of my goals this year was to write a letter every week. So far I have succeeded. If you count packages, too...which I do.

If you comment on this post maybe you'll get a letter from me. If I know your address, that is. Whoa, did I just bribe you for comments? Guess so. Ever since I got rid of facebook nobody reads this anymore. Sigh. I'm still here!

5 comments:

Britney said...

I have the same goal...I love letter writing!

Victoria said...

Guuurl... don't even worry about sending me a letter. Your tumblr is how I kinda hear from you. Don't freeze to death in Idaho. Because blue skin wouldn't look good with red hair and that crazy yellow hat you wear. just sayin....

funsizetessa said...

You know I always want a letter :)

Kinzi said...

I'm still readin' love your blog! just been crazy busy so blogger went on hold for a bit but I'm back and getting all caught up ... don't worry bout writing me a letter either.

Kaitlyn said...

me me me!