Monday, January 24, 2011

ouch

i got it here

I just got done with another run. Ow. Let me explain.

Here in Mexico, running is pretty awesome because, uh, everything is way lower, meaning my lungs are automatically more mind-blowing.

Did that make sense?

However, all of the streets are also cobblestone, and therefore, my shins get a beating. Therefore, I have the worst shin splints of my life. Any tips on how to alleviate that pain? That is all.

oh yeah, and other stuff that makes me very sad:

the stuff happening in moscow
the stuff happening in mexico
the stuff happening in arizona
the stuff happening in brazil
{i didn't link to this stuff because I don't want you guys to get sad, too}

I just need to read stuff like this to stay sane. You should too.

Then go listen to this song.

"And there will come a time, you'll see, with no more tears.
And love will not break your heart, but dismiss your fears.
Get over your hill and see what you find there,
With grace in your heart and flowers in your hair."


4 comments:

Ging said...

Sometimes, often times, I think that we were sent in reverse order because I am confident that you are more my Mother than I am yours. Thank you

Kenzie said...

You can wrap your legs with ice reallllylylyly tight!!!!! also.....Eat Bananas! the Potassium in them helps relieve the pain. =) also lay down and have someone push your feet down realllylyllyly hard. =)

Anonymous said...

Love reading about your time there!

PS pictures of what?

PS the word verification was HOOKING! What?! haha

Em said...

Cobblestone outdoor running. sounds fab. :)

Wrap your shins with tape when you run if you need.
Ice (like your friend said), ice baby.
Take an ibuprofen or two.
Do 5 mins of toe walking & heel walking (strengthen/stretch calves & shins) before you run.

Be happy.