Friday, July 1, 2011

swallowed by a heat wave

Photobucket
a few weeks ago when it was still rainbow weather

It's gettin' a little bit toasty up in here, meaning Rexburg, meaning sometimes I sleep in my soccer shorts with the window wide open and the blanket offa my bed. And I even sometimes shave my legs before bed for cooling effect. Don't hate on the Skintimate.

Anywho, it's high time for a happy list, and I know I used to do this on Monday, but I don't think it really matters what day my happy list is on, as long as I have one! This week has been extra-specially hard, but there is a light at the end of the tunnel (4th of July Weekend!). Oh glorious four day weekend, I will write a poem just for thee. After I catch up on sleep.

1. going to Great Harvest con mi amiga mejor Amy Mathews. I can't ever work there because not only would I gain weight but I would probably start disliking Great Harvest after awhile. The thought is depressing. So let's move on now, shall we?
2. Finding out the truth about eggs. Yes, yes, I will admit that for all of my life I have thought that the eggs we eat were baby chicks that hadn't finished growing. You can imagine the look on my roommates' face when they revealed that this wasn't true and I said, "Man, I'm glad I don't have to worry about that anymore!" Ha!!! Facepalm times ten.
3. this devotional-nal-nal. things sound more interesting when you echo them-them-them.
4. playing in recitals and talent shows and stuff, so I will stop being nervous to play piano in front of others, and actually enjoy it, and actually shred the ivory, if you know what I mean.
5. this song right here reminds me of 1, Mexico, 2, when I started liking mangoes in Mexico, and 3, how much I love Angus and Julia Stone. Amen.

6. Preach My Gospel study is the best. I forget how awesome that book is sometimes. Blows my mind.
7. This email from Chelsea was fantastico. I feel like the same things are on my happy list all the time...uh...sorry.
8. I do not have a peg leg. This makes me happy. Yes, it is completely random, but I decided just now to change things up after that last thing I said (#7). You can find the most weird things to be thankful for sometimes....
9. free waffle-bowl Wednesday at TwizlBerry
10. freckles up the heezy (that was for TP)
11. Pictures like dis on my camera:

Photobucket
summer nights...ahh...

hey there, folks, it's nice to meet you, I've been off the grid for awhile because that little thing called school is happening and it is also summertime, therefore I am kind of going mad. But it's okay...it will all be over soon. I have a lot to update you on--like the writer's retreat. And Ragnar. Oh and the weekend we went to Rigby+then some.

So stay tuned. Tuned. Tuned.

1 comment:

funsizetessa said...

FRECKLES :)
I miss you.