Saturday, June 20, 2009

Before June is Gone


I noticed today that I've only posted twice this whole month, and it's almost gone. Holy smokes time flies! Right now I am up in Driggs, Idaho at a place called Badger Creek with my roommate Chelsea and her sister Sarah, who used to be my roommate. Right now we are sitting in the Logistics Center listening to the rain pour on the roof. Darn. We were going to go canoeing. Guess we'll have to wait until the real summer comes. Last night we decided to forego the loft in the cabin and sleep on the patio. The cement patio. Now that's what I call roughin' it. The best part about sleeping out there was not that we got to mummify ourselves in sleeping bags, but that we could see the stars stretching for jillions of miles into space. Whenever I see the sky like that I think of the scripture in Alma 30, when Alma tells Korihor that "all things denote there is a God..." How can anyone doubt when they smell the rain before it falls down, or hear the thunder doing somersaults in the sky? Or when they hear the trees move at night and see the sky laid out with Orion and The Big Dipper and the Milky Way? I just don't know. After we looked at the stars for awhile we started getting a bit hyper and took some pictures of ourselves...which I'm sure could be used as blackmail later in my life. Shudder. We tried making a movie of Sarah doing her 100 pushups/situps for the "100 Club" (do 100 pushups and 100 sit ups every day or you owe a treat to everyone; my roomies and I are doing it too) on the patio; Chelsea and I provided the Rocky background music. Mind you this all took place at about midnight. Oh yeah! This morning when we went into town I saw the Grand Tetons for the first time and the clouds weren't covering them. A-mazing! I want to climb one someday. Also, there's this drugstore in Driggs that makes the most amazing Lime Freeze I have ever tasted. Pretty much, I love Badger Creek!

3 comments:

Unknown said...

Mom: "That's pretty much the best blog ever!" "

Dad: "Like anyone could even know that!"

Anonymous said...

HAHA! You are my parents, and that is why I think I won the lottery.

shawn rowley said...

hey i loved this blog too. i sometimes get up in the middle of the night and drive up to
"the high and lonesome" just to see the display you wrote about, cool stuff