Friday, March 6, 2009

Boycotting: A Definition

Yesterday Caleb got home from walking Ellie to her friend Marissa's house. For those of you who haven't heard about the Adventures of Marissa, she's not exactly Caleb's favorite playmate. Last month he learned about "boycotting" because of Black History Month and the Civil Rights Movement. But just to clarify, he asked me again yesterday what it meant. I explained that it's when you choose not to do something, like the black people who chose not to ride the buses anymore because they had to sit in the back.

He asked, "So...it's when you don't like something, right?"
"Sure..." I said. Where is this going?? I 'm thinking.
"Well then I boycott Marissa!"

'Nuff said.

Funny how dad's blog is about Caleb's latest quotation, too.

4 comments:

Terri said...

I would say the boy-caught the vision. The Marissanator can keep her distance.

Em said...

I boycott traffic and loud coworkers!

shawn rowley said...

TO QUOTE BALOO THE BEAR: "STAY AWAY FORM THOSE SON, THEY ARE NOTHIN' BUT TROUBLE!"

Ging said...

I think I recently boycotted the same person.. it was a hard day.